|Born||Sometime between 1860 and 1890|
|Primary wardrobe||Red coat with buttons and belt, red pointy hat|
|Motion capture||Tom Hanks|
Santa Claus is a kind old man that gives presents to children every Christmas Eve. He also picks one of the children who rode the Polar Express to the North Pole the first gift of Christmas, which can be anything of their choice.
One Christmas, he chooses Hero Boy to receive the first gift. He gives Hero Boy one of the silver bells from Santa's sleigh and talks to the children, congratulating Hero Girl for her confidence and Christmas spirit and Billy for making new friends, while also scolding Know-It-All for his impatience and lack of humility, before the clock strikes midnight and he flies away in his sleigh to go give presents to children all over the world.
At some point, he finds the silver bell, which had fell out of Hero Boy's pocket and onto the floor of the sleigh, so he puts it in a present box with a note explaining what happened and advising Hero Boy to fix the hole in his pocket.
- "Young man, patience. And a smidgen of humility might also serve you well."
- "Lucky lad. There's no greater gift than friendship."
- "Let's have this young fellow right here."
- "Now, what would you like for Christmas?"
- "Yes. Indeed. Yes, indeed!"
- "The first gift of Christmas!"
- "This bell is a wonder symbol of the spirit of Christmas as am I. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart."
- "Better keep that in a safe place."
- "Found this on the seat of my sleigh. Better fix that hole in your pocket. -Mr. C."