|Birth||July 9, 1956|
|Spouse||Samantha Lewes (1978-1987)|
Rita Wilson (1988-present)
|Siblings||Jim, Larry and Sandra|
|Parents||Janet Marylyn and Amos Mefford Hanks|
|Children||4, including Colin|
|The Polar Express|
|Role||Actor, singer and executive producer (film)|
|Character(s)||Hero Boy (motion-capture only), Hero Boy's Father, Conductor, Hobo, Ebenezer Scrooge Puppet, Santa Claus, Narrator (voice)|
|Song(s)||The Polar Express, Hot Chocolate|
The film's official soundtrack credit Tom Hanks as the performer in the songs, "The Polar Express" and "Hot Chocolate," both of which feature the Conductor, one of his characters, singing. The Conductor's vocals, however, are removed for "The Polar Express" song in the film, but the version in the credits does feature them.
When clips from the film were used in the video game, Tom's lines were kept, but his brother, Jim voiced his characters outside film clips.
- When voicing Hero Boy, Daryl Sabara would mimic Hanks' voice.
- Tom Hanks starred in two other films directed by Robert Zemeckis: Forrest Gump in 1994 and Cast Away in 2000.
- Hanks was also the founder of Playtone, one of the production companies that worked on The Polar Express.
- Tom Hanks and Michael Jeter both played roles in the 1986 film, The Money Pit.
- Tom Hanks was the first choice to play Alan Parrish in the 1995 film, Jumanji, another film based on a book by Chris Van Allsburg.
- Tom Hanks was also the executive producer for the 2007 film, Evan Almighty, a film in which Jimmy Bennett plays a role.
- Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari both played roles in Bosom Buddies and From the Earth to the Moon.