|Birth||July 9, 1956 (age 62)|
|Spouse||Samantha Lewes (1978-1987)|
Rita Wilson (1988-present)
|Siblings||Jim, Larry and Sandra|
|Parents||Janet Marylyn and Amos Mefford Hanks|
|Children||4, including Colin|
|The Polar Express|
|Role||Actor, singer, and executive producer (film)|
|Character(s)||Hero Boy (motion-capture only), Hero Boy's Father, Conductor, Hobo, Ebenezer Scrooge Puppet, Santa Claus, Narrator (voice)|
|Song(s)||The Polar Express|
Good King Wenceslas (humming)
The film's official soundtrack credit Tom Hanks as the performer in the songs, "The Polar Express" and "Hot Chocolate", both of which feature the Conductor, one of his characters, singing. The Conductor's vocals, however, are removed for "The Polar Express" song in the film, but the version in the credits does feature them.
When clips from the film appear in the video game, the dialogue recorded by Tom's is kept, but his brother, Jim provides the voice for his characters in the rest of the game.
- When voicing Hero Boy, Daryl Sabara would mimic Hanks' voice.
- The Hobo is the only character in the film played by Tom Hanks who does not appear in the book.
- He starred in two other films directed by Robert Zemeckis: Forrest Gump in 1994 and Cast Away in 2000.
- He was the founder of Playtone, one of the production companies that worked on The Polar Express.
- He and Michael Jeter both played roles in the 1986 film, The Money Pit.
- He was the first choice to play Alan Parrish in the 1995 film, Jumanji, another film based on a book by Chris Van Allsburg.
- He was also the executive producer for the 2007 film, Evan Almighty, a film in which Jimmy Bennett plays a role.
- He and Peter Scolari both played roles in Bosom Buddies and From the Earth to the Moon.
- His son, Colin, played Adult Alex Vreeke in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, another film based on a book by Chris Van Allsburg.
- He was born in the same year as Roberta Greganti, Don Burgess, and Roger Storm.